Saturday, June 03, 2006

Childhood T.V. Shows

Hi. I just got done reading Captain Picard's Journal (http://jlpicard.blogspot.com/). I've been keeping up with it and it's pretty funny. However, I would like the stories to be longer and the characters to be more in depth. However, Picard is pretty developed.

I love science fiction. I wish that I had an imagination where I can make up and tell stories. The only place where I use my imagination is in my dreams. I would love to take a creative writing class to help my writing and imagination; however, I don't have enough time to take it. I have enough classes to take. In addition, it won't fulfill any requirements.

When I was little, my dad would watch Star Trek Enterprise all the time. I remember watching it with him. I don’t remember much about it though. The other shows that I remember watching when I was little is the Little Mermaid, Sesame Street, Barney, Rug Rats, Mr. Rogers, Reading Rainbow, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Home Alone, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, The Hidden Temple, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, All That, Guts, I Love Lucy, I Dream of Genie, The Jetsons, Gargoyles, Bonkers, and America's Funniest Home Videos. I know there are more, but I don't remember the names. There was one show that had a family who lived in a tree house when dinosaurs lived on the Earth. Maybe, they were back in time. There was another show that was about a family of dinosaurs. It wasn't animated; it was played by people in costumes.

I have watched Barney recently. And Oh My Gosh, what a stupid show! It has too much singing and dancing in it. I still remember the words of the I Love You song. "I love you. You love me. We're a happy family. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. Won't you say you love me too?" I know a violent Christmas song of Barney that I sang as a child. "Joy to the World that Barney's dead. We barbecued (or cut off) his head. What happened to his body? We flushed it down his potty. Round and round it went. Round and round it went. Round and round and around it went." I sang another Christmas song about Batman. "Jingle bells. Batman smells. Robin laid an egg. The Bat Mobile lost its wheel. And Joker does ballet. Hey!!!"

I watched Mr. Rogers recently too. I realized it's a good show for children. Much better than Barney, Boobah, or Telletubbies. I watched Boobah and it's a stupid and boring show. Last year, I gave Tony (my best friend) a Boobah which danced and moved for a joke because he was afraid of them. It was an expensive doll because it cost $20. The day I gave it to him, he broke it because he dropped the doll. I wanted to turn it back and get a new one for him, but he didn't want me too. He'd much rather have it broken so it wouldn't give him the creeps as much. I liked that Boobah because it was cute and had some catchy tunes. I'd much rather play with the doll than watch that show.

The show that I watched the most when I was little is the Little Mermaid. I watched it over and over and over again. It drove my mom crazy. I can still remember every little thing that happens in that movie. Don't ask me why I loved that movie so much because I honestly don't know. Maybe it's because we didn't have many movies back then. I don't know.

I can only remember Sesame Street a little. When I was small and watching that show, somehow I knocked the T.V. off and it fell on my head. The next day I looked like a raccoon because of the bruises on my face.

I wish I could write more; however, I took too long as it is. I need to do pre-calc. I’m behind and need to catch up.

1 comment:

IMD said...

dinosaurs was the best! I didn't know anybody else who watched that show!

::I'm the baby got to love me, big purple eyes im cute and cuddly.. Im dead!:: ah childhood memories.

I have seen everything that you have except bonkers.