Sunday, June 29, 2008

Survivor Night

I had so much fun tonight. We had an institute activity called Survivor Night. I’ve been to a Survivor night last year when I took a night class with Brother Manson. I had more fun tonight than last year. It was a really nice reprieve from what happened to me last week a couple hours ago. That just threw me through a loop of emotions. Brother Adams was there. He asked me if I felt better. I said that I feel much better. He said that I looked better too. I’m sure because I talked to him the night after it happened. After it was finished, I thanked him for his counsel. He said that I needed to someone to talk to. I just wanted to talk and take advice from him since he knows me very well. I love him so much.

I haven’t had this much fun at an activity for so long. I mean it was so much better than the SCA event and hanging out with Nicole and Brooke. The spirit was there because we were doing things that weren’t offending him. At the SCA event, there was drinking, swearing, and lots of dirty language about sex. I liked the Survivor Night because it has lots of different games. First, we had to make a banner, a song, and a chant for our tribe. Then, we all had to get in a circle and hold each other’s wrists. Brother Manson put a hula-hoop on my arm. We all had to get through the hula-hoop three times without breaking our grip and sit down. Then, we were asked multiple questions about the scriptures and church history. Then, we all lined up. There were three rows of cones of six rows. So, each of the three teams line up with the line of cones. In each of the cone, there’s a paper with a category on the outside where a person from the group can read it out loud. Then, we have to act it out without speaking. I read reality TV shows and mine was American Gladiator. Amanda Billings guessed mine. I haven’t even seen the show, just the commercials. I don’t watch TV much, just the Simpsons.

Then, we got in a circle again, put our left hands out, grab the person’s across from you, do the same thing with our other hands, then unscramble ourselves so we can be in a circle holding each other’s hands. We figured how to do that in a minute. Then, we did it again. However, we grabbed each other’s hand’s wrong where we couldn’t get out of the knot. After that, we lined up in lines again. We had to stop at certain cones when we did this. One would run and be a tree. Then, another would run around the tree and be a log. Then, another would run around the tree, jump over the log, and be a bridge. The three others had to run around the tree, jump over the log, go under the bridge, and to the finish line. Then, the tree would jump over the log, go under the bridge, and across the finish line. Then, the log and the bridge would do the same thing as the others. The first time, I was a bridge because I was tall. I think I was that last time. Then, we ran through it a second time replacing the three people who just ran through it as a log, a bridge, and a tree. I’m glad that I didn’t receive any huge grass stains when I went under the bridge. I just got little, small stains which are dots. It’s a good thing because I’m wearing nice kakis that go just below my knee. I whooped and hollered at my team when they were running through.

Then, we all put our shoes in a pile and had to pick a shoe. When we returned the shoe or sandal to the original owner, we interviewed them on a questionnaire. After filling the sheet of paper, we got into a circle and sat down. We started with a person sitting in a chair. Then, the person would tell about them who interviewed them. Then, the interviewee would sit in the chair and another person would read the questionnaire to the group. We’d keep on going through people until we ended up with the first person. I interview a guy named Hans which is a German name.

Brother Manson’s two kids helped with organizing and setting up the games. Brother Adams just watched. I’m very glad he came. I love talking with him. I learned that he played professional baseball for a year. His team moved to Mexico. He decided to stay and teach Seminary. He said that we’re going to have this in the fall. I’m definitely going to try to be there. This year, I couldn’t because something came up.

2 comments:

Cília (When I grow up I want to be a granny) said...

Hello!
I'm Spanish!
I'm Undertaker Fan!
Please, visit my blog and comment
Thank you!

Mir said...

Wow.. that Survivor night sounds like a whole bunch of fun!!

I hope that you can attend the one that may happen in the fall.