Thursday, February 19, 2009

Migrains and chiropractors

I really need to learn how to balance my time. It's just hard when I get distracted with things that really grab my attention. I hyper-focus on things. Today, I was looking on a website that my chiropractor suggested that I should look at because I asked him about high fructose corn syrup. I called him last night which was a Tuesday night because I had a headache. I went to bed at 11:00 A.M. and woke up with the headache around 6:50 P.M. So, I called him because I knew I wasn't dehydrated (lately I've been trying to drink a gallon a day again) and I wasn't tired. I already slept for seven hours at that time. So, he gave me a free adjustment over the phone because this was a new thing for me (being in pain). Then, he said I should walk around a 15 to 20 minutes outside. I followed his instructions and went to bed. Then, twice I got up and my headache was even worse. I noticed that it felt better if I stayed in bed. Any physical activity made my head pound and that's really painful. So, twice I went to bed with my head pounding. It got so bad that I had to put my hand on my forehead, so it wouldn't hurt as I was trying to fall asleep.

At 1:00 A.M., I got tired of playing with the headache. I was waiting for my adjustment to get rid of the headache or itself to go away. However, it never did. So, I ate a peanut butter sandwich because Mary Lou (one of my housemates) said that it get rid of headaches. I was desperate. I wasn't tired anymore and didn't want to fall asleep. I took an Excedrin and prayed to Heavenly Father that my headache will go away. I try to stay away from taking any conventional medicine because it causes nerve flow interference. I need to ask him to be more specific about that now since I'm learning about neurons. I went to bed and fell asleep. Thirty to forty minutes later I woke up and it was finally gone. I was so happy.

As I talked to Sarah (my roommate) about getting headaches and Excedrin, I questioned if my headache was a migraine since Excedrin is a migraine medicine. So, I researched about it and found out that I do get migraines. I thought that they were really bad headaches that force me to go to sleep if I haven't had enough. So, I had that headache for seven hours. I slept a good solid 13 hours. So, now I wonder if I need adjustment again. I have to ask if he found lots of problems when he adjusted me. Probably, it would really help if I went to bed the same time every night. When school started, I was fine. However, I would stay up really late during the weekends. Then, my sleep schedule would get screwed up. Lately, I've been sleeping after my classes. That's why I went to bed at 11 A.M. Now, I'm really screwed up. I have two quiz review sessions to go tomorrow. So, I'll get less than four hours of sleep. I'm screwed up because I took a four hour nap today.

If I had all the money in the world, I would get new glasses, be adjusted by my chiropractor, buy nutrient supplements, and get treated be a chiropractic neurologist in Dallas, Texas. I just want my Asperger's Syndrome to go away. I'm just really worried about increasing my workload and not doing well in my classes. I want to be faster in general and especially, learn faster. I'm just really worried about chiropractic school because of the insane workload. So, I really want to convince my parents to let me get treated by a chiropractic neurologist so I don't have to always worry about school and work. It's really expensive and he's all the way in Dallas, Texas. They are already paying for my education and everything else right now.

I'm afraid that it will get in the way if I want to get a job like it has in the past. I'm hoping that my parents will hear me out and not reject the whole thing like what they are doing to my chiropractor. I just want to be normal. I don't want to get distracted and be hyper-focused on something all the time. I've had a problem with that since I was a kid. Probably, that's why they stuck me on Ritalin. I want to learn subjects like calculus and organic chemistry faster. I wish my family would read my blog. I'm sorry, I'm voicing all my needs and wants right now. Sarah said I need to remember that everything will work out in the end.

No comments: