Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Did More Things Today

Right now, I'm all excited about BJJ. That's a bad thing because I need to go to bed. I'm going to bed at 12:15 tonight because I went to bed too late last night. I took a three and a half hour nap today which took away from my homework time. I don't like that. I want to be alert and not sleepy. Last week, I took a nap during devotional. Tomorrow, President Monson is going to speak. I don't want to be really sleepy during it.

I don't think I'll ever stop BJJ. My side did better today. Roberto didn't allow me to run around and do some drills that involved landing on one's back. That's OK because I didn't want to any type of landing. So, I just worked on getting up properly. I'd sit down, get up, sit down, get up, and so forth. After awhile, I'd practice falling on my back by break falling, then I'd get back up. Thankfully, Roberto made us do a drill where I could do with Cory. I'd have to shoot under his arm to get to his back to choke him. We didn't do the takedown though. Then, we worked on all types of chokes. When we did that, Roberto ended up making little Nick pass out on accident. Chuck was all happy about that. Nick thought that it was cool. It would be cool to be choked out; however, I'll let that happen on it's own instead of asking Roberto to do it to me.

My side bothered me when I did two different types of chokes. Then, I practiced the butterfly guard with Cory's brother. I did pretty well against him. We both mounted each other. He'd mount me because I failed to mount him first. My side felt great because it hardly bothered me. Then everyone sparred. I really wanted to spar with someone because my side felt fine. Chuck thankfully picked me. It didn't last very long. My side doesn't like to get mounted on and me defending from it. It started to hurt. So, while everyone else were sparring with each other, I cleaned up my gi because I had all of these little blood spots from working with Cory's brother and changed into my every day clothes.

I'm thankful that I did more things with my side. Practicing with myself got really boring though. Well, I'm going to make sure that whenever I'm going to land on my back, I'm going to break my fall because being injured sucks. I wanted to play harder and go 100 percent, but couldn't. Hopefully, I'll be healed enough to test next Friday. That's almost two weeks. Hopefully, I'll heal fast or heal enough where it doesn't really bother me any more. I'm just thankful that Roberto cares enough about me that he doesn't want me to injure my side again. I think that I just favor my right side over my left side. It may be just people like mounting me on my right side too.

No comments: