Thursday, September 18, 2008

I trust my chiropractor

Sorry, this comment from facebook doesn't really apply to blogger. Elizabeth is wondering why everyone hates the new facebook. I like the setup way better than the old one. Someone please comment and tell me why they don't like it. I've been invited to join two groups to ban the new facebook. People have been commenting that they hate it too in their status updates.

Ack! I'm tired and need to go to bed. However, I still want to comment on Lisa's comment about the Brimhall protocol. I don't think that my chiropractor is in for the money. His office isn't the newest thing in the world. I think it's one of the oldest offices I've ever seen. I know that if I read someone was buying supplements because their chiropractor told them so, I would tell them that you get all of your nutrition in the food we eat. Plus, I would be really against Applied Kinesiology. Just looking at those newsletters would make anyone nervous. However, my chiropractor hasn't really done any of the suggestions in those newsletters from what I've seen. I looked at the main website for Brimhall protocol and how they prevent nerve flow interference from happening again. It's very convincing. I did see the Nutri-West Supplements website. That's where I became more comfortable about them when I looked at their ingredients.

I trust him because of the results I'm seeing in myself. I can balance on my right foot for a 60 seconds. Before I started treatment, it was around five seconds. I'd always lose my balance really quickly. It looks like that it's improving with every treatment. Then, I noticed today that my coordination is better in my legs because I can run easier. I have to test my balance on the treadmill to see if I want to fall off or not. If he can improve my balance and coordination to a normal person, that would be a miracle for me because I have been dealing with them all of my life. It affects my karate, especially kicking. I've noticed that my flexibility has improved in my left leg without any stretching. I noticed that looking way up doesn't bother me any more. I can feel a slight pull in my left eye now, but it doesn't hurt and bother me. When I look way up or down, I see double vision because of a sledding accident. Looking way down used to bother me, but it has gone away over the years. The bump on my foot and the knot in my thigh has decreased a little.

It was very interesting when he said that I have too much Mercury in my body because there are so many people say Mercury causes Autism. Plus, he says that my nerves misfire when I lean my head to the left while balancing on one foot. In high school, when I got excited, I would lean my head to the left and lean towards the person whom I'm talking to. After a treatment, he increased my flexibility in my left leg by having my eyes follow is hand. I'm seeing a lot of improvement without taking any drugs. Plus, it seems like he's not doing that much in my treatments. But whatever he's doing, it's working. So, I trust him about taking the supplements. If they help my balance and coordination even more, clear up my acne, and if getting rid of the Mercury helps me explain things, I'm all for it. Plus, I don't want my liver start causing problems when I get older because of the nerve flow interference.

1 comment:

Lisa Emrich said...

That's good. There are SO MANY alternative practitioners who are in it for the money, not the patients, that we must be careful.

Anytime we experience an improvement, it's nice to know what caused it and to stick with that. I've gone to an acupuncturist for many of the same reasons and found that I truly felt better and functioned better because of it.

So, only you can know in your own heart whether you are seeing tangible benefits from the treatments/guidance of your chiropractor. I hope that you continue to see more improvements.

Take care.