Tuesday, September 16, 2008

YAY!!!!!! A trial mission! Finally!

Elizabeth's prayers were answered. I will serve as a missionary on a trial basis! I'm so happy! I've been trying to do this for 5 1/2 months! It's a very long time to wait. Everything has been clicking together. In about a week, things have been clicking together. First, it was my balance, then BYU, and finally a trial mission. I was all worried about the letter too. All summer, I was in transition. I was sitting and waiting for life to move again. It was really hard on me because I wanted to go on a mission really badly. However, it was just taking forever to get things together and meet with everyone. I'm just very happy that they are giving me a chance.

I don't know what this means about me still working and seeing my chiropractor. I wish that I remembered about that prize sooner. I'm worried because I have health insurance through my work. My treatments are $15 instead of $30. I want my balance to keep improving. Plus, I still want to buy some of those supplements. I just don't want have my liver to go bad on me if I go on a mission. I think I visited with him a good hour about things. After that visit, I trust him and understand how he treats me more. I feel that he has good intentions and a good spirit. I still want to ask him more questions. My mom should see him because of her back. She can't lift things over 25 pounds and plus she has insurance.

Karate was fun tonight. I love to grapple because I don't have to worry about my balance. We worked on back control. We learned a few types of chokes from the back and how to defend from them. My neck popped when he choked me one time. Then, we learned how to escape from mount by rolling over, turtling, and shooting through the arm pit. I was really bad at that because Andrew is somewhat heavier than I. It was nice to work with him because of his weight. Plus, I haven't seen him forever. He goes to the University in Seattle and studying to become an engineer. He still has two more years to go. Anyways, then we worked on some knife defenses. I getting pretty good at pining the arm, pressing my hand on the neck to control him, and running him down on the ground. Levi me yell with pain and made my wrist pop when he locked it. When working with Andrew, somehow he laid on my neck and head and made my tap out. I just wonder what my nervous system feels about this when I beat my body in karate. When I go to BYU, I want to find a school that's MMA real life based. I don't want to just learn how to fight in the ring because it teaches you bad habits. It says that you can't do certain things in the ring like eye gouging and blowing a knee out.

No comments: