Monday, September 29, 2008

This Wednesday or next Monday?

Elizabeth is conflicted. I really want to start my mission on Wednesday; however I told Securitas that I'd work Wednesday and Thursday. I need to call Aaron, my boss. However, I don't know if Securitas will provide someone to cover my shift. Ack!! I sort of feel bad for the whole thing because Securitas doesn't even want to provide someone for the six weeks. That leaves Aaron and Brian to cover my shift. Brian doesn't even want to do it because he says it's not even worth it.

President Clark should have called me back today. When I called him, I said I was still debating about it because I still have to tune my bike up. He said that we can ditch the bike to get me started faster. My parents don't think I'd be ready by Wednesday. Dad thinks I'll wait until the last minute. He thinks that because I'm pretty slow at packing my things for trips. I just want to go now. I'm pretty nervous though.

Here are the things that I want to get: feminine hygiene, hair spray, hair cream, my pick back (accidentally left it at the dojo), a pair of comfortable dress shoes, nylons or kneehighs, a long skirt (maybe), another bottle of Ampicillin, a supplement from my chiropractor, batteries (for my automatic toothbrush), and a new Book of Mormon combination. I want to bring my cookbook because it's cheaper to cook things instead of buying pre-made things. I still have have to wash all of my clothes that are in my hamper and my bed sheets. I have to go to a laundry mat to wash my comforters because our washing machine is too small. I have to figure out what bag to put my comforters in because they take up lots of space. You know what, I'm just only going to take my main comforter and my knitted blanket that I got from my Nana. That will save room. I'm thinking that I should bring my cross-stitch just in case I get bored. I don't know if I can though. However, I hear it's easier to obtain forgiveness than permission.

Here's an essay that I wrote for BYU. However, I didn't use it because a biographical essay is suppose to be about what make me tick instead of where I lived.

On August 9th, 1986, I was born in Spokane Washington. I remember Pop-Pop bouncing me on his knee when I was a toddler. When I was about 2 years old, we moved to Salt Lake City for about a year. When watching Sesame Street one day, I some how pulled the TV down and have it hit my head. For a couple days, I looked like a raccoon. Then, we moved back to Spokane. For two summers, I went to California to live and vacation with my Mom’s side of the family. In 1992, we moved to Federal Way, WA. In 1993, we moved to Belgrade, MT. One winter Sunday, my family went sledding. As I was going down the hill, my head hit a girl’s knee. I ended up having a blowout fracture that caught my left eye muscles. Thus, I had one surgery to fix the bone and another to snip the muscles that made me see double vision for a year.

In 1994, we moved to Three Forks, MT for four years that had a population of 1,200 people. During the second summer and fall, we lived in a big, old camper trailer so my parents can save money. Late that fall, we moved into a little farm house that was 15 miles outside of town. I loved looking at the night sky full of stars. Then, we moved in Anaconda, MT. I went and graduated from high school there. I learned how to sing when I was in two advanced choirs called Choirleers and Bluebells. I improved my coordination and balance by throwing the discus for four years. Then, we moved back to Spokane. I went to a community college and took my generals. Spokane is where I learned the responsibilities and obligations of being an adult.

This is a start of another essay. However, I started fresh and didn't use this.

For as long as I could remember, I have been interested in science, especially in the medical field and in animals. Most of my school reports were about mammals like the great apes and the giant panda. When I was a junior in high school, I volunteered at a vet clinic. That is when I decided to be a veterinarian. Now, I want to be a doctor. First, the job opportunities were better because in 2006, 633,000 doctors worked in the US vs. 62,000 veterinarians. If I my plans work out, I will go to the University of Utah Medical School. By attending BYU, I will save money in medical school because I will be already a resident of Utah,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lizzie,

Just wanted to let you know that I wrote up a small article about Chi in response to your question.

Hope you enjoy it!

Best,
Ikigai